Baat accountants & adviseurs
Baat Legal Services B.V.
Identity of controller
This is the privacy statement of Baat accountants & adviseurs gwith business addresses address at Bisschop Drehmansstraat 6, 6041 XD Roermond; Kruisdonk 64, 6222 PH Maastricht; and Bergerweg 188, 6135 KD Sittard, also trading under the name of ‘Baat Personal Finance’.
This privacy statement is also used by Baat Legal Services B.V., a legal entity associated directly or indirectly with Baat accountants & adviseurs with registered address at Bisschop Drehmansstraat 6, 6041 XD Roermond, also trading under the name of ‘Baat Incasso Services’.
Any reference herein to ‘Baat accountants & adviseurs’ also includes reference to ‘Baat Legal Services BV’.
We take your privacy extremely seriously and therefore ensure that the personal data that you share with us is handled with care. In this privacy statement we explain how we do that. We would be happy to answer any questions you may have. You can contact us by telephone on T +31 475 350 909 or by e-mailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Processing of data pertaining to children
Neither this website nor the service has any intention of obtaining data from visitors to the website under the age of 16, except where there is consent to this from a parent or guardian. However, we cannot check whether a visitor is aged 16 or older. We therefore recommend that parents pay attention to the online activities of their children to avoid any data about their children being obtained without their parental consent. If you have reason to believe that we have obtained personal data about a minor child without this consent, please e-mail us at email@example.com, and we will delete this information.
What personal data we process and why we need it
Baat accountants & adviseurs processes your personal data for the following purposes:
- To enter into and perform contracts for services (including the processing of payments, notifying you of changes to our products and services, and telephoning you where this is necessary to carry out our service) as well as to maintain the business relations arising therefrom, including marketing activities. This information is supplied entirely voluntarily at the time of entering into a contract for services. We need this information to enter into, perform, and complete contracts for services with you. If you do not provide this information, Baat accountants & adviseurs will not be able to enter into a contract with you. We store this information for as long as is needed to be able to perform our services and contracts effectively. Thereafter we will delete the information, unless we have any statutory obligation to store it for longer. For these purposes, we process information including:
- your name and address;
- telephone number;
- e-mail address;
- company name;
- date of birth;
- any financially, fiscally, or legally-relevant information and correspondence relating thereto.
- To send you our newsletter and/or information on a particular topic. If you are a client of Baat accountants & adviseurs, we will send you these to regularly update you on any changes to our service, for example, or on information relevant to your business that we believe we need to draw to your attention for the purposes of performing our contract. Everything that we send for this purpose comes with an unsubscribe link so that you can unsubscribe from this service if you wish.
- Contact form. You can use the various contact forms on our website to ask us questions and/or send messages. We need the following information to be able to reply to the information/message you have sent:
- your name and address;
- telephone number;
- e-mail address.
- Baat accountants & adviseurs processes your personal data if we are required to do so by law, for example if we need information for our tax returns.
Baat accountants & adviseurs does not make any decisions based on any automated decision-making process that could affect you adversely.
How long we store data for
Baat accountants & adviseurs will not store your personal data for longer than is strictly necessary to achieve the goals for which it is obtained. Where relevant, we abide by the statutory storage periods with regard to the data that we obtain.
Sharing data with others
Baat accountants & adviseurs does not sell or lease data to third parties, and will only supply data to third parties if required for the purposes of performing our contract or to comply with any statutory obligation. We enter into processor contracts with parties that we engage to process your data to ensure the same level of security and confidentiality of your data. Baat accountants & adviseurs remains responsible for these processes.
Insofar as you have given your consent for the processing of your data, you have the right to withdraw this consent at any time.
Baat accountants & adviseurs has a profile on various social media sites, such as Facebook, Instagram, and LinkedIn. If you participate in social media activities you should be familiar with the tools provided by these apps/websites for setting your preferences for the sharing of personal data via your social media profile(s). We recommend that you read through the relevant privacy statement, user agreement, and related information concerning the use of your personal data in these social media environments. Depending on your selected preferences on the various social media websites/apps, and your settings on our pages, certain information could be shared with Baat accountants & adviseurs.
Accessing, rectifying, or erasing data
The EU General Data Protection Regulation gives you the following rights to guarantee the honest processing of your personal data:
- to obtain an explanation of what personal data we hold and what we do with it;
- to access the precise personal data in our possession;
- to rectify errors or add to the data if it is incorrect;
- to erase your personal data pursuant to your online ‘right to be forgotten’;
- to restrict the data processing;
- to object to the data processing;
- to transfer your data (data portability);
- to choose not to be subject to an automated decision-making process; and
- to withdraw your consent, where relevant.
These rights are not restricted and are absolute. We will consider your request in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation. To enable us to respond quickly, please e-mail any requests to exercise your rights to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
To ensure that the request to access is complied with, we may ask you to prove your identity by e-mailing us a copy of your ID. In this case we ask you to ensure that your passport photo, MRZ (Machine Readable Zone), passport number, and citizen service number are rendered illegible/unidentifiable. For the purposes of identifying you in this way, we will not store any data, and thereby protect your privacy. Baat accountants & adviseurs will respond to your request as quickly as possible, and in any event within four weeks.
You have the right to file a complaint with the Dutch Data Protection Authority at any time if you have reason to believe that your personal data is not being processed in a confidential matter. This body has the authority to deal with your complaint.
Baat accountants & adviseurs and all its associated entities take the protection of your data seriously and have adopted appropriate measures to deal with misuse, loss, unauthorized access, unwanted disclosure, and unlawful changes of/to your data.
Baat accountants & adviseurs and all its associated entities have taken the following security measures with respect to the service it provides to its clients:
- daily backup and availability of recovery processes;
- secured network connections;
- restricted allocation of authority specified per job title for persons responsible for the processing (including a periodic audit hereof);
- part-encryption of personal data during electronic transfer to external parties for the purposes of providing the service;
- implementation of a security policy;
- implementation of a code of conduct for personnel;
- confidentiality clauses in employment contracts and third-party contracts;
- burglar alarms on business premises;
- compulsory use of access controls by means of passwords and/or personal access codes;
- logging and monitoring of access to the personal data;
- third-party processor/subprocessor contracts;
- storage of data files within a secured environment.
If you suspect that your data is not being properly protected or there are indications of misuse, you should contact us by telephone on T +31 475 350 909 or by e-mail at email@example.com.
Data Protection Officer
Baat accountants & adviseurs processes special personal data for the purposes of carrying out your instructions. For this reason, Baat has chosen to appoint a data protection officer. Rob Schepers can be contacted by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org and by telephone on T +31 475 350 909.
We reserve the right to amend this privacy statement at any time without advance notice. You should therefore consult this privacy statement regularly. We greatly value your opinion and welcome any suggestions regarding this website. If you have any questions, comments, or suggestions, please e-mail us at email@example.com.
Version: 1 August 2018